Let me preface this with the fact that I didn’t come up with this idea myself, I got it from another blogger – Living with Landon.
But y’all. Game changer.
This is a simple and inexpensive way to clean your nice jewelry without having to leave your house. I say nice jewelry because I have only done this to my rings, so I am unsure as to how costume jewelry will respond to this trick.
Here’s what you need:
– Windex (or if you’re like me – the Kroger brand of Windex)
– Dish detergent (such as Dawn)
– Small glass bowl (I use a Pyrex glass container)
1. Pour in Windex until there is about half an inch in the bowl.
2. Add 5-8 drops of dish detergent and stir it with the toothbrush to make sure that it is mixed in well.
3. Put the bowl into the microwave for 60 seconds (No, this doesn’t make your microwave smell like Windex, I promise).
4. CAREFULLY remove the bowl from the microwave and place your jewelry (rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces etc.) into the mixture. It goes without saying that these are HOT chemicals so please be careful!
5. Let them sit there for a minimum of 10 minutes.
6. Remove the jewelry with your toothbrush (so that you don’t risk burning your fingers) and gently scrub them.
7. Rinse with warm water.
Now tell me that your ring, earrings, bracelets and necklaces aren’t as sparkly as ever. TELL ME. Seriously, the diamonds shine like NEW. You’ll never have to go to your jeweler ever again to get them cleaned! Nothing has ever worked for me like this trick has, and I’ve used the cleaner that they give away at the jewelers. Let me know if you try it!
Happy Monday, friends!
Also, join me on Wednesday when I tell you my tips on packing for a move!