Well, here goes nothing.
My first blog post.
Since I am brand new at this whole thing, I have decided to start with something simple. Each Monday I will post a few random thoughts, stories, pictures, etc. that I will send out into the inter-webs hoping to grab someones attention.
My ultimate goal for this blog is that maybe one of you will read a this and think, “SAME HERE!”
Because we all have an innate desire to feel understood and related to. Or maybe that’s just me?
Also don’t judge my grammar. This is my blog and I do what I want.
Anyways, without further ado, I present to you Monday Musings: Episode One –
- Michael and I downed an entire bag or Doritos this weekend. Nothing says marriage more than being plastered onto the couch while inhaling chips with the same wild-eyed fervor of my dog trying to sneak a goose turd into her mouth on our evening walk. I feel no shame in our game. I do, however, feel shame in Olive’s game.
- Everyone needs to go read Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis. Run [don’t walk] to your local bookstore and buy it. Or click on your Amazon app and order it. Seriously, I’ll wait.
- My favorite quote from the book is, “Someone else’s opinion of you is none of your business.” BAM. So good.
- Is anyone else still feeling completely unraveled since Daylight Savings started? Anyone? Bueller? All I have to say is Dunkin’ Donuts [my life blood] is getting me through this tough time.
- The other day I had a client call me Elizabeth. No ma’am. Not even close.
- I was opening a can of beans for my salad today [I am so glamorous] and almost cut my hand on the lid. It made me think back to the episode of Arther where he cuts his knee on an old can in the dump and it gets infected. My view of cans has never been the same since viewing that episode at the ripe old age of 7. Any other twenty-somethings that can relate?
- I loath tax season.
- It is Monday evening and my step count is below 2000. So, that’s how my day is going.
- My mom is probably the only one reading this. Hey, mom!